1. Free Inspection & Evaluation Report
- Newbury Data will inspect and give a repair evaluation report for any desktop thermal printer (under £1000 at list price) free of charge.
Customers are typically expected to pay either an inspection fee, when returning printers for repair, or labour and parts for the repair. Usually, and only if the repair proceeds any inspection fee is waived.
In many cases the cost or replacing or repairing a power supply unit (PSU) or main logic board can make the total cost of repair uneconomical. In this instance the customer is still left with an inspection fee to have the printer returned, including carriages costs.
2. Free Disposal of BER printers
- In the event that the printer is deemed BER (Beyond Economical Repair), and with the customers’ agreement, Newbury Data can dispose of the unwanted printer in accordance with the WEEE directive, free of charge.
As a manufacturer of thermal printers, Newbury Data provides its own compliance to the WEEE directive for our thermal ticket printers and dot matrix printers. Therefore we will offer disposal as a free of charge service to customers with other manufacturers products, even if Newbury Data did not supply the printer in the first place.
3. Parts Recovery Service
- In the event that a printer is deemed BER, our trained engineers will identify working parts that could be used to repair others printers supplied by the same customer, reducing customer costs for re-usable parts and reducing environmental waste. Any recovered parts will be stored and made available as bonded stock for the customer.
4. Fixed Priced (Labour only) Printhead Replacements
- Newbury Data will install and test thermal print heads, call for print head prices. Printers sent to have print heads replaced or identified as requiring new print heads will be given complimentary clean, using approved cleaning solutions, and removing any visible media residue.
5. Fixed Price Deliveries (or self collect)
- Newbury Data will deliver your repaired desktop thermal printer to any UK mainland address for just £12.50 + VAT per printer, or £9.50 + VAT per printer for 3 or more printers per shipment, or £7.50 + VAT per printer for 5 or more printers per shipment. Alternatively customers can arrange their own collections.
6. Consolidated Labour Rates
- Customers returning multiple printers for repair under the same RMA will be billed for the total labour time used in repairing all of the printers, avoiding individual printer cost per hour rates.
Standard rate for desktop thermal printers:
Individual Printer: £40 + VAT per hour, or part there of
Multiple Printers: £40 + VAT for the 1st hour, plus £10 + VAT per QTR hour thereafter
Example of potential savings: Typical repair time for a desktop thermal is less than 1 hour
Standard Rate: 5 printers @£40 per hour.
Standard Total: £200 + VAT
Actual Rate: 5 printers. Estimated total repair time 2.5 hours.
Actual Total: £100 + VAT
Potential Savings: £100 + VAT
7. Consolidated Invoicing
- Receiving daily or weekly repairs from larger uses of desktop thermal printers increases administration, paperwork, and costs.
- Newbury Data provides a working report that details all repairs with individual costs per printer. We then submit a single consolidated invoice at the end of each month, reducing multiple invoices and financial administration.
Additional Services – call 01606 593424 for quotations
8. Printer Set-up and Configuration
- In addition, Newbury Data technical staff can provide set-up and configuration support for ensuring printers are pre-configured to application requirements prior to dispatch, for both new and repaired printers, including:
- Printer settings
- Network settings
- Media settings
- Pre-loaded custom firmware
- Pre-installed options
- Bespoke modifications
9. Bespoke modifications
- Newbury Data expertise in manufacturing dot matrix and thermal printers enables our technical staff to create bespoke software and hardware modifications to meet specific customer requirements.